Herndon Alliance was conceived to provide value-added services to partner organizations. There was an identified need to have a neutral group communicate among the many different groups in order to build a long-term health reform movement. The Alliance does not duplicate the capacity and skills of its individual partners. Rather, partners take the lead in offering their expertise to serve the Alliance as a whole. The services Herndon Alliance provides include:
1. Identifying the beliefs and values of Americans.
2. Exploring the opportunities and barriers for reform.
3. Developing initiatives and strategies that are consistent with the research findings and help us move reform forward.
4. Identifying the areas of commonality between different affinity groups and engage them with the research findings.
5. Developing strategies and communications mechanisms that allow our partners to successfully build public support for our ultimate goal of guaranteed affordable health care for all.